Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry

To: "Joe Curry" <curry@wolfenet.com>, <EPaul21988@aol.com>
Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
From: "John Peacock" <pearesto@totcon.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 23:56:18 -0800
Cc: <streeter@sanders.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <WFDaehle@mail.delcoelect.com>, <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>, <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>, <vtr-admin@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe

Maybe the best thing is for VTR to send a flyer out asking if we want our
names included in such a list.  A non returned flyer would be implied
consent..  I think a list of all Triumphs would be great, not just
Spitfires.  If the flyer is returned with a negative response then they
just don't get on the list.  That way those of us that want to know about
other cars in our area will.  The question could even be incorporated into
the renewal form and the new member form so in the future there are no more
problems

Just my opinion, but I think it would make all happy, and I don't think
there are any die hard Triumph thieves anyway.

John  Peacock

80 TR8
80 TR7 Spider 16v project.

----------
WFDaehle@mail.delcoelect.com; Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu;
Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com; vtr-admin@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: VTR & VINs, Hoover, and the Registry
> Date: Tuesday, October 28, 1997 8:39 PM
>
> EPaul21988@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 97-10-28 15:11:09 EST, curry@wolfenet.com writes:
> >
> > << My only concern is that in trying to do this, it seems that my
efforts
> >  are being thwarted by people who have the information at hand, but for
> >  whatever reason are reluctant to turn loose of it.  My assurances that
> >  there is no commercial intent and that I will not publish more than
the
> >  City address are apparantly not enough to satisfy those individuals'
> >  concerns. (I won't argue that those concerns are legitimate). >>
> >
> > Joe;
> > I believe that those concerns are legitimate.  I am a member of VTR ,
and I'm
> > sorry to say, that I do not wish them to release my name or any other
> > information about me which I supplied them in my membership
application.
> >  This is not a personal statement regarding your motivations or intent,
I do
> > not know you.  I assume that your interests are similar to mine and
relate to
> > the Triumph Motorcar as an enthusiast. Your efforts to compile some
> > information useful to Spitfire owners is laudable.  I am interested in
> > similar project with sidecurtain cars, but I have no hope, nor interest
in
> > compiling names, cities whatever, only total numbers.  I joined a club
for
> > the affiliation of like minded individuals and hopefully some useful
and
> > interesting information regarding the cars in which I am interested.
Should