Re: Unleaded fuel

To: 66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net
Subject: Re: Unleaded fuel
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 97 09:00:09 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Slaton wrote:
        > I am the proud owner of an early 1974 TR6 (the 24th car produced in
        > August of 1974) and I have a serious concern.  I drive the car daily a
        > am wondering if I should put any lead additives in my fuel when I fuel
        > up??????

Jeff,
        I have been running my '74 TR6 (14th August birthday) for the
past 7 years, with no-apparent ill-effects.  In 30,000 miles, it has
the same compression, never needs oil, and is cleaner (both environmentally
and cosmetically - amazing stuff this elbow grease) than the day I bought it.
The engine has never been out, and as far as I can tell, the head has never been
off.  Unleaded has been fine for me.  Use your car, dont Mother it.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego