Re: J. Edgar Hoover and Triumph Information

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Subject: Re: J. Edgar Hoover and Triumph Information
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 08:59:43 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Lillja wrote:

> This is fine and a good use of this information. I would, however, be
> very pissed if they sold and or gave ANY of my info to anyone else
> ESPECIALLY a commercial organization -- or an individual person
> who wasn't a member of VTR... I'm glad that there is at least some
> control over this...

Let me get this straight.  Are you opposed to posting a list such as I
am creating being posted on the web?  If so, Why?  I am intentionally
listing only the City in the location to avoid it becoming a mail list
for commercial purposes.  The reason I include such information at all
is to give fellow SPitfire owners the ability to look and see such
benign things as where the closest Spit owners are, or where the cars
built at the same time as his were dispersed.

> That being said I see abolutely no reason why VTR shouldn't have
> general information available on their website! Like "how many
> sidescreen TR's are there registered in VTR", etc, ect.... I don't
> expect that info to reflect much of the real world, but it's a
> start...  I think getting the newsletter out on time and to the right
> people is more important, I think events are more important....

And If they want, I am happy to publish the database on the VTR website
so they will get all the credit for putting it together.  And as a
result, they might even encourage more people to join their club. (That
is what it is you know---a club--- and only a club.