Re: Degreasers (was TR6)

To: Martin_A._Secrest@neb.voa.gov
Subject: Re: Degreasers (was TR6)
From: Robert Shaffer <rshaffer@gmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 14:42:57 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> I've never been a big fan of Gunk aerosol type cleaners.<<
>
> I have not tried this product, but *Gunk* is exactly that -- environmentally
> horrific, and ineffective to boot.  Spray it on, and half an hour
> later, presto ... no-chango!  Your engine is still dirty.  Great.

     Same here!  I've tried it on an MGB and all that happened was the
maggot-looking foam sprayed and fizzled on the engine.  To really get
the crap off, you had to scrub with the Gunk applied.  It helped get if
off SOME after you doused the engine with it.

                                                        -Robert Shaffer

p.s. It looks pretty cool though :)