Upcoming Bay Area visit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Upcoming Bay Area visit
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 23:50:50 -0700 (MST)
Actually, mentioning the 250 I have for sale reminded me of a planned
excursion to the S.F. bay area, given that a couple of the interested parties
are in that neighborhood.  So I could be hauling out the TR on a trailer
behind the big van and the big van could be loaded with Triumph parts of
various descriptions.  The trip is scheduled over the Thanksgiving weekend.

At the moment, though, if my wife goes along with me, as she wants to attend a
folk dance event in San Francisco, taking the van may be out of the question.
She doesn't even want to see it in our neighborhood, let alone take an 800
mile trip in it!  I told her I'd replace the current AM radio, stuck on a
local country music station, with a decent AM/FM/tape/CD system, but she's not
convinced.  I guess she misses the intrinsic beauty of a somewhat rusty, 12
year old, long wheelbase 1 ton cargo van.

The bottom line is I will be coming out in one vehicle or another, and if you
are interested in some of the new or used parts I am peddling let me know.
I'll work on updating my list of what I have on hand, like some Lucas NOS
stuff, a TR6 diff or two, various body panels, Spitfire body parts, ... hey,
this could be another chance to drive halfway across the country with a Spit
bonnet on the roof.  This time I'm hooking up the lights!

I just sold my TR3 basket case this weekend, and while down at the shed
digging out the gearbox for it found a few items I'd forgotten I had in stock.
Even some performance stuff from the days of The Rust Rocket and The White
Car, a TR4 and TR4A, respectively.

No factory hardtops, but several cheesy plastic hardtops for TR6s, no overdrive
gearboxes, and the current run of Team Fat T shirts is gone.  Well, it will be
after I mail out the one or two outstanding orders I have on hand.  Look for a
shameless, "strictly from commercial" advertising blurb from the Fat Chance
Garage on this list soon!

By the way, I think the multiple posting stuff is under control for the moment.
But the box which hosts this list spits out a million mail messages a week, so
I'm not surprised that once in a while things go awry.

mjb.