Adding leg room to a TR6

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Adding leg room to a TR6
From: Robert Shaffer <rshaffer@gmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 23:09:37 -0700
I don't own a car, but I've been looking at the TR6 for awhile and
I'm about 90% sure this is the car I want.  I'm basically aware of all
the things that go along with owning a British car.  One major problem
is that I'm a little taller than average (6' 7").  Ok. Maybe I'm
reaching the outer boundary of ogre-ness, but I'm not going to let that
stand in the way of what I want.  Is it possible to get more leg room
out a TR6?  I've driven my friends MG. Yes, it is POSSIBLE to drive but
very uncomfortable and it makes driving "spirited" a bit difficult.
Maybe I could move the drivers seat's track back farther?  Maybe a
smaller steering wheel?  Also, is it possible to move the seat lower?
Sitting upright, I can peer over the windshield with ease.  It would be
nice to find a way to fit into one of these.  Thanks in advance!
                                                                        -Robert
Shaffer