Re: Bently-Manual

To: Steinbeck Michael <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
Subject: Re: Bently-Manual
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:55:02 -0700
Cc: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Steinbeck Michael wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> is it true, that the so called "Bently-Manual", which in the List is
> often referred to, is the "The Complete Official Triumph TR4 & TR4A:
> 1961-1968" by British Leyland Motors that I found at
> http://www.rb.com/catalog/X121.htm#top ?
> If so, is it worth buying?
> Does anybody know a European (preferably German) source to get it?
> How about the Haynes-Manual?

When I first started opening up my first TR 4A in 1977, right up to
referencing it now...  I find the Haynes manual to be the most helpful.

I will say, though, The factory manual is a MUST for a ground up
restoration.... and for more technical referencing, etc.  And the
BEntley version includes the competition department's pamplet!

Basically, I think these are the two most important manuals you can
buy... the others that are out there do not compare.

> (I do own a copy of the original German workshop manual.)

Let us know if ya find any interesting discrepencies between the german
version and the american version!!!

Justin
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner
jmwagner@greenheart.com