Re: More Carb Fun! Really!

To: Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More Carb Fun! Really!
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:03:00 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: MMDBR@aol.com
Chris- Glad you found it.  Also, since it's such a common problem, glad you
posted it!  Could you clarify a few things for me?

<< 2. On HS6's check the fit of the various linkage levers on the
 throttle shaft! One of the little levers has three
 functions/arms...one has a hole for the return spring, one has an ear
 to bear against the idle set screw, one has a screw to set the "fast
 idle".... although the lever felt good and tight going on to the
 shaft, once home, it could rock back and forth <snip>

as in rotating on the shaft?

<< enough to make setting the idle impossible! Staking the lever around the
hole, then filing it to fit the shaft seemed to work fine <snip>

Staking? what's that?  filing what?

<<  ...don't know how permanent this is...next time I'm gonna replace the
levers....THIS WAS THE  PROBLEM! >>

Would it make sense to file a flat on the throttle shaft, and then drill and
tap a hole in the lever for a set screw to bear against the flat spot?  or
simply drill a hole for a small pin through the whole assembly?

Best Regards,
Paul