carb. non-triumph

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: carb. non-triumph
From: "Jonathan Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:07:52
Hi all,

Can anyone help me here? I've a 1982 Ford Fiesta that I'm using whilst
my Spitfire is off the road (Token Triumph reference). When I measure
the CO from the exhaust I get a reading of 2% at idle which is OK.
However, If I increase the revs to 2-3000 rpm, I get a sudden rise in
CO (as the accelerator pump cuts in). But then the CO reading stays
at around 4% If the revs. are held high. Shouldn't the CO reading
fall right down to a very low value as the mixture leans off at high
revs? This is a fixed jet Solex carb. What is the diagnosis, anyone?

TIA,

Jonathan

*************************************
Dr J.E.Miles