RE: Bosch alternator for TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Bosch alternator for TR6
From: Bob Hutton <bobhutton@vut.EDU.AU>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 11:11:02 +1000
If you wanted to stick with a higher output Lucas alternator, the one on the
Range Rover is identical and puts out somewhere between 40 and 50 amps (42, I
think). Plug connections are the same too. In the Range Rover it's on the right
hand side of the engine and I had to rotate the ends I think, so it had the
correct orientation when put on the left side of the six. From memory, it
wasn't a problem.

Bob Hutton