Triumphs by another name

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested)
Subject: Triumphs by another name
From: Peter Mchugh <"/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/o=FAA/ou=FAAgw/dd.ccMail=Peter Mchugh 'at' AWAASY1PO/"@dotms1-gw.dot.gov>
Date: 16 Oct 1997 17:26:14 -0400
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 012263446867600A-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: "/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/o=FAA/ou=FAAgw/dd.ccMail=Peter Mchugh 'at' AWAASY1PO/"@dotms1-gw.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 16 Oct 1997 17:26:14 -0400
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 16 Oct 1997 17:26:14 -0400
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <"012263446867600A*/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/o=FAA/ou=FAAgw/dd.ccMail=Peter Mchugh 'at' AWAASY1PO/"@MHS>

     I desperately need list assistance...my collection of cars grew by
     nearly one this weekend...and as I look at its not so sleek, non-TR
     lines I worry...

     Perhaps there is a way to make the car fit comfortably among the
     Triumphs parked in the garage...hmmmmm?

     The mystery is revealed by explaining that the "nearly one remark"
     reflects the absence of drive train (and some other significant
     pieces) from the 1955 +4 Morgan body tub, firewall, bonnet, frame,
     cowl et al which arrived Sunday.

     I am open to list suggestions on:

        o  What engine/drive train to install (from Pinto to TR-6, to small
     block V-8, Rover, Buick or Ford)(Wankel)?

        o  Whether to stay original suspension or if to go "Fatboys"
     Mustang II front end with rotors and rack and pinion?

        o  Where to get miscellaneous Morgan parts and accessories (front
     wings, windscreen, lights, guages, dash, etc)?  Any Morgan parts cars
     out there????

     I favor going mostly Triumph...can't do the Morgan rebuild w/o
     Commission Number, and not eager for the expense of getting one.  I
     have lots of Triumph stuff about and could have a great time with a
     clean, fast, look-a-like, powered by TR (I could badge it a "Mchugh").

     Any thoughts out there about how to proceed??????????????

     PMcQ

     76 Spitfire
     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6