Re: What ever happened to 1972(75) Spirfire MKIV

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What ever happened to 1972(75) Spirfire MKIV
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 06:59:44 -0700
Ben writes:
>Hello I own a 76 Spitfire that has a MKIV hood on it and is red.  I live in
>San Antonio.    <  snip  >
******************************
The 1500 and the MK IV share the same hood (bonnet), other than the two
small holes and the Spitfire MK IV badge on the front (which could always
be added), they are the same.  Unless it has the badge (or the two small
holes) on it you would never be able to tell if it was from a MK IV or a
1500 till about 77 when they added additional reinforcing tubes at the
rear.  Both these cars would still be later 1500's by the commision numbers
(FM-), not 1972 MK IV's (FK-)

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )