RE: Wire Wheel info

To: "CAMHI ALAN" <camhi@symbol.com> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Wire Wheel info
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 15 Oct 1997 15:08:43 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 072B234453EEB036-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 15 Oct 1997 15:08:43 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 15 Oct 1997 15:08:43 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <072B234453EEB036*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
ALAN  wrote:
The general opinion of just about all on the list who replied to my
question on wire wheels is emphatically.....BUY NEW.  I will take
everyone's advice and do just that.By the way, British Wire Wheel's prices
have gone up.  The costs have increased oughly $12 a wheel Dunlop painted),
$6 per hub and $25 for the mounting kit that includes the hubs lugnuts and
knockoffs(and a hammer).  Very expensive  proposition these
wheels.............
==========
Alan - ISTR that you were looking at chrome versus painted wires.  You
might want to re-think that proposition.  Personally I find the chrome
wires to be a bit gaudy (although for some reason they look good on TR3s
with BRG paint - hmmm).  Anyways, that will save you a couple of hundred
bucks and is the route I chose for my Spitfire.  Also, despite the warnings
of others on the list about VB's quality, I ordered my wires, adapters, and
knockoffs from VB and was very pleased with the quality and speed of
delivery.  Yes, they ARE expensive, but the car takes on a whole different
personality with them.  Think of Bridget Bardot in a gunney sack versus
Bridget Bardot in a thong bikini (25 years ago, of course).   ;^ )
Cheers,

Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.