V-8 alternative

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: V-8 alternative
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:38:12 -0700
For the edification of all in interested parties who contributed to the
recent thread about V-8 engines and the ilk inserted in LBC's, May I
make a suggestion.

Recently there was an article published by the SKBCB (Society to Keep
British Cars British) that recommended that those enthusiasts who wish
to upgrade their "gutless" (your word not mine) LBC's, they use British
engines.

They went on to recomment the Rover V-8, but in the event that was
insufficient, added that it was completely acceptable to use the Rolls
Royce Merlin or Griffin engines which were employed in the original
Spitfires.

However, exhaustive search for these engines were fruitless since the
remaining ones were used to power Unlimited Hydorplanes until they wore
out and were subsequentially replaced by Turbine engines.

Therefore,  with no alternatives, we are left to keep the toys stock
and enjoy the throaty roar of the 4 (or 6) bangers they came with.

Joe Curry   '63 Spitfire (1500 cc power)