TR6 Thrust Washers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Thrust Washers
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 97 9:47:15 -0400
Hey All,

        OK, despite this question coming up about once every three months, I
can
see there is still a lot of confusion out their.  The vote count is

        TW groves face eachother                2

        TW groves dont face eachother           7

        I vote for "TW dont face eachother".  It just seems to make sense.  If
the groves are facing the crank surface (facing the Radiator and the
Diff) then oil would be allowed to follow into these groves and oil the
crank surface.  If the groves are facing eachother what is the point of
the groves.  If oil could get into these groves, why would you want to
oil the journal surface, it is a none moving part.  Besides with the
groves facing eachother I don't see how oil is going to get into these
groves.

        Ken Streeter, who is the VTR TR-6 rep?  I think we needed a definitive
answer on this one, and then we need the article on the VTR web page to
be cleared up.

Later,
JHD IV