Thrust washer orientation

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thrust washer orientation
From: "Nicholls, Clark" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 09:04:32 -0400
All I know is if you install the thrust washers with the grooves toward
the block they wear out extremely quickly, due to lack of oil on the
surfaces touching the  crankshaft.  They then drop out into the pan and
there goes your crankshaft and block.

The groove is to allow oil into the area, somewhat like your main
bearings.

I've never done such a foolish thing, but I know someone who did!

Clark
--
Visit me at: http://members.aol.com/cwnicholls
Clark W. Nicholls