Re: Oil leak

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil leak
From: Chuck Simons <clsimons@simons.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:57:18 -0500
I have to agree with Henry,
I had no leaks on my spit untill I changed the oil in the diff. I thought
why not go with synthetic. Now I drip oil where ever I go. I needed a diff
rebuild anyway. But I swear I had no leaks untill I switched.
I had a vintage motorcycle do the same thing. Could not keep oil in the
cases after I changed to synthetic.
I believe it's been stated on the list that it's fine as long as all your
seals are new or in REAL good shape.

Just my 2 cents

Chuck..

>HMENTZEN@aol.com wrote:
>snip
><Hans tells us his Spit leaks more oil after changing to synthetic oil>
>
>Hans,
>
>I am a true believer in synthetic oil, I run it in just about everything
>I drive, expect my TR.
>
>Synthetics are prone to leak more than their mineral based counterparts.
>Apparently, oil seals just plain don't work as well when bathed in
>synthetic oil.

Chuck & Karen Simons
L.A. (Lower Arkansas)
72 Spitfire  FK33548U