RE: 6cyl valve guides & springs

To: "'Egil Kvaleberg'" <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Subject: RE: 6cyl valve guides & springs
From: Bob Hutton <bobhutton@vut.EDU.AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:58:04 +1000
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Thanks for your response, Egil.

I have taken the remote feeder off as I figured it was delivering too much oil.
I agonised for hours over where the leak was coming from and replaced the
rocker gasket and used silicon as well. I even got a small mirror to see the
back of the block and head. It's not coming from the rocker gasket.

I've decided to live with this for the time being.

Regarding compression and pinging, I'm using super grade petrol and there
appears to be no pinging with the timing at 2 degrees BTDC.

Regards,
Bob Hutton