Wonderful Saturday Tour

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wonderful Saturday Tour
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 11:45:45 -0700
After sorting through a number of aggravations that arose with Malibu
Barbie's Dream Car (stuck fuel sender, bad condenser, failed fuel pump,
assorted lamps not working, etc., etc...) while she "rested" for four
months, I finally got up the nerve to take a long road trip this
weekend.  Fortunately, she didn't let me down in the wilds of Middle
Georgia, and the only mechanical failure for the day was the mysterious
disappearance of one of her boot lid prop bolts.

Saturday was gorgeous down here -- temps in the low 80s and clear blue
skys.  So, I gave MBDC a bath, gathered up a stack of CDs, and ran off
with my favorite companion, taking the back ways to and from the family
farm, north of Macon.  Some of the highlights included, spotting a Mk.IV
Spit parked in front of a house in tiny Barnesville; loosing my ponytail
in Macon; and discovering that the no-traffic-light-town I grew up near
(Gray) now has four (!) traffic lights, a Publix, a new branch of the
local, small town bank (in case  you don't want to drive all the way
downtown -- three blocks -- to the main office), and a rush hour.

My partner in crime, Cherie, got to experience, first hand, life in the
fast lane in rural Middle Georgia by watching a haircut; wandering out
to the Back Forty with me; listening to tales of infidelity and intrigue
among the "horsey" (and cowsey) set (it's a real "Peyton Place" down
there); and discovering that there are places in this world where you
can buy gas, "minners," cheese, hunting videos, and beer -- all the real
essentials of life -- in one efficient stop.  Fine cuisine was the order
of the day, too, and we finally selected a romantic little establishment
-- the Monticello Dairy Queen -- where we dined on great French food
(burgeres du frommage and french fries) in a cozy corner booth.

Our day ended, ~260 miles later, as gloriously as it began.  We arrived
back in the Big City as the sun was setting and the Atlanta skyline
began to sparkle.  Folks were out walking to their Saturday night
rendezvous all around Virginia-Highland, Little Five Points, Midtown,
and Buckhead, and we were exhausted by our travels but refreshed by the
sunshine, clean air, beautiful scenery, and great company.  All in all,
it was as close to a perfect day as I could imagine!

Ain't our LBCs wonderful things for all they inspire?!?!!

I hope everyone's weekend was at least half the pleasure ours was!

-Schuyler

PS:  If MBDC is checking her e-mail, I take back every threat I ever
made to replace you with a new (gasp) Honda or Chevy.  Please forgive my
lapses into stupidity in the heat of passion!
--
Schuyler E. Grace
'73 Spitfire 1500 - FM1183U