TR6 Heads (no vanity content)

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Heads (no vanity content)
From: Mark Stahlke <mstahlke@denver.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 11:30:04 -0700
   My 71 TR6 (CC61289L) has engine number CF18842UE. My limited reference
material indicates this is a 74 engine. The car is fitted with a single pipe
exhaust system as appropriate for a 71 model.

   I seem to recall someone mentioning that port locations were different on
later engines. Or was that Spit heads (carefull how you spell that!)?

   What are the differences in the heads on various model years?

   Is there any way to tell what head is on the engine without disassembling
it?

   There are several sets of numbers on the right side on the head. Some are
cast in, others are stamped. Any clue as to what they mean?

Thanks for your help,
Mark Stahlke
(desperately trying to start some new, more interseting threads)