Re: Bench Bleeding M/C TR6

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Bench Bleeding M/C TR6
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 08:37:54 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DUHART JOHN wrote:

> Hey All,
>
>         I was getting ready to install my rebuilt M/C from Apple last night
>when
> I decided to read the installation instructions that came with it.  They
> recommend 'Bench Bleeding' the unit before you install it.
>
>         What is Bench Bleeding?
>
>         Is it necessary?  What are the benefits?
>
>         If it involves loading the M/C with brake fluid before you install it,
> how do you keep the fluid from pouring out while you install it?
>
> Thanks,
> JHD IV

John,
First mistake was buying anything from "Apple".  You should have bought
an IBM compatible.

Sorry, couldn't resist......

I think they are referring to the process of filling the reservior and
pumping the cyl. until fluid comes out.  The process is known as
"priming the pump"

Joe Curry   '63 Spit