Re: Cams...

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Cams...
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 12:30:26 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On 9 Oct 1997 Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:

> >I'm currently having my TR's head checked and set up for the new
>       cam... I can hardly wait!<<
>
> Uh, gee, I feel a little sheepish asking this, but since I*ve never had the
>guts of
> a Triumph engine open to God and the atmosphere, tell me -- can a Spitfire
>cam be
> swapped out with the engine *in situ*??

        In theory you should be able to... Tho' I don't know about Spits
        With the bonnet off you've go great access to the front of the motor.

        I'll find out about TR4's...

        The block is still in the engine compartment on my `4 (I had
        hoped to get it together before the snow flew)... TTMTTTD....

        Greg P

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois