6-PACK TRIALS

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 6-PACK TRIALS
From: triumph72@juno.com (Steven C Wilson)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 22:40:05 -0500
Steve Thorton, Fellow TR6/250 Owners and Listers,
Steve, Thanks for the good words on the 6-PACK TRIALS (held 2-5 Oct,
Columbus, Indiana).  It is a great club.  Casual, easy going but we have
our serious moments and lots of tech info on what's what with the TR6 and
TR250 models of Triumph.  Len Renkenburger is founding/charter
member-remember his SIX TECH mag that is always being referenced?!
The weather was beautiful, the roads of Brown County were great drivers.
But it's the comraderie and friendship that makes it what it is - a truly
great event to participate in.  There is always a concours and
participants choice show with very knowledgeable judges and a guide to go
by and refer to.  There are tech sessions, formal and impromptu,
hospitality suite (well stocked),  a "Name the Parts" contest and
funkhana;  this years funkhana featured the concours Best in Show of Jim
Holewka, driven in from Lodi, NJ, other beautiful TR6's and a TR250,  a
modified TR6 w/turbo Ford engine and solid axl rear end(awesome!) and
"other" entrants included (get this...)  a BMW 735, Jaguar, a Ryder
truck, two runners and luggage cart!!!  It was good to meet Dan Masters
(TN) and Jim Davis (GA) and their TR6s at the meet.  There were also
drivers from NY, KY, OH, IN and MS.  We do give an award for the
TR6/TR250 that is driven the furthest distance to attend the TRIALS.
6-PACK is THE club for TR6 and TR250 owners out there!  6-PACK is
dedicated to the enjoyment, preservation and restoration of the TR6/TR250
models.  It's a driving club though all Triumphs and marques are welcome
and can participate in the TRIALS.   The TRIALS is our annual meet, held
in various locales around the USofA:  TRIALS '98 will be held 1-4 October
1998,in the Princeton, New Jersey area; sponsored by the New Jersey
Triumph Association, headed up by Jim Holewka.  This is the home of the
Triumph Micro-Brewery!!  It's a nice place to go, good driving roads and
good people!  You'll come on over next year to NJ!  There's promise of a
funkhana, an autocross, a Fall Foliage Tour (it was beautiful in Brown
County, IN), hospitality suite and the Bottomless Keg!!
More details to follow as they come to light.  But feel free to e-mail,
call or write me;  if you call, note that I love to talk TR and will
continue to talk until told to stop!  (as I'm beginning to do now...)
Hope to hear from you soon and to see you in Princeton, NJ!
You can tell that I am very proud to be a member of 6-PACK, I am!!   You
could be, too!  Write Bev Floyd:  floyd@cmh.net     for  details ($20,
comm #, trim/paint #, your name, address, phone, e-mail, anything else
you'd like to include)      (This is not a paid political announcement
and I DO have an Interest in the club and the TR marque!)
           Yours in Triumphs,    Steve WIlson       triumph72@juno.com
(228) 452-9484  Mississippi Gulf Coast
                                       117 Eleanor Ave,  Pass Christian,
MS  39571-4805