Senate Bill vetos [was SB42 update]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Senate Bill vetos [was SB42 update]
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 97 11:30:06 PDT
Cc: bschwartz@encad.com
        >>Note that the Gov. has the right to veto the bill,
        >>or refuse to sign it, but both will have the same affect.
        >*******************************
        >Shane,
        >Actually, the only action that kills the bill is a veto.  It will pass
or
        >become law if he signs it or not.

Barry,
        Mmmm, that confuses me.  In the Union Tribune last week,
Wilson wrote a letter stating the reasons why he refused to sign SB500
(the "Saturday Night Special" handgun control bill).  He did not
mention veto, only that he would not sign the bill.  As a result,
SB500 is no more.

        >By the way, thanks for the glowing report on British car day and don't
        >underestimate 'rags'.  Its a nice car!

Hah!  Got you fooled.  Its a 20-foot car, which is why I place a cordon of
"Police - Do Not Cross" tape at 21-feet around the car!  ;)  Actually,
if the crowd/judges gets too eager, then I pull out the "Warning - Biohazard"
tape and toxic-waste suit.  That keep 'em away!

        Shane Ingate in San Diego