Re: GT6/Spit dumb questions

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6/Spit dumb questions
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 13:26:10 -0400 "GT6/Spit dumb questions" (Oct 8, 12:54pm)
> Subject: GT6/Spit dumb questions
>
> OK, here we go ...
>
> 1)  Does the GT6-3 have an air dam as stock?  (Mine doesn*t.)  Does said damn
air dam
> have a benefit for radiator cooling, and is it interchangeable w/a Spit 1500
air dam?

No, it wasn't on the '73 Spits either. I put one on my Spit 'cause it
was cheaper than the replacement valence. Don't see any difference in
cooling capability. It will fit the GT6.

> 2)  My GT6 has a driver*s side footwell light burning constantly when the
lights
> are on.  Is this correct?  What*s it for?

It is so that you can tell if your shoelaces are tied. No, it shouldn't
be on all the time, unless it is a panel light of some sort.

> 3)  Is the GT6 brake servo interchangeable w/that of a TR6?  Mine*s missing,
and
> I can probably locate a TR6 servo for rebuild if they are the same unit.  And
who might
> do rebuilds, which are presumably cheaper than new?

Don't know, hopefully a GT6/TR6 expert can tell you.

> 4)  If I were to have an alignment shop take the positive camber out of the
front
> of my Spitfire (before it ruins my new tires), would I have to bring them the
extra shims,
> or are they likely to have them?

Highly unlikely that the alignment shop would have them. I bought
some years ago and did it myself. Hasn't had anyone else align
the front end since about 1976.

> --
> Martin Secrest
> 73 GT6-3
>
>-- End of excerpt from Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com
'73 Spitfire 1500 - Now celebrating 22 years of ownership.