Re: Engine rebuilding

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, DHoward@jht.com
Subject: Re: Engine rebuilding
From: Jim Barbuscia <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
 I don't need a video I just need some information on pistons for my TR6.

 Specifically speaking, Bentley's manual calls out for two dimensions to be
 taken on the piston, an "A" and B" dimension. A being the top and B being
 the bottom or skirt.
 I just bought new pistons at .020 over stock and while the "B" dimension
 measures out to be .020 over stock the "A" dimension does not.
 It measures out to be the stock dimension. I called the place where I bought
 the pistons and they say the pistons are correct and use them in all they're
 rebuilds and the "B" dimension is what matters.
 My question is:

  1. Is this correct?

  2. What have the rest of the engine rebuilders on this list used?

-jimb

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://www.snovalley.com/~monica/jbtr6.html (server is down right now).
## Standard Disclaimers apply (jim.barbuscia@West.sun.com) ##