Re: Engine tear-down stanfd problem

To: Kristina Turner <turner@public.se>
Subject: Re: Engine tear-down stanfd problem
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 21:13:46 +0100
Cc: "Don J. Howard" <DHoward@jht.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kristina Turner wrote:

> I'm about to tear down my '74 TR6 engine (the car's in bits, the body's
> at the bodyshop, the bits are in boxes). I bought a winch and I bought
> an engine stand. I've even bought a pukkah BL repair manual. But as for
> practical ability - well, they just don't seem to sell that in handy
> quart bottles.
>
> Anyway listers, my problem is that I can't see how to get the engine to
> sit on the engine stand, which has got four adjustable members, each
> with a perpendicular cylindrical tube about 2" long and 1" in diameter.
I did the same head scratching (regardless of my dandruff problem).
I had used the engine stand for a small block Ford. I ended up flipping
a couple of the arms around and using long thin bolts in place of the
heavier Ford ones. Took a couple of hours to fiqure out, and the arms
definately aren't symetrical anymore. But, it's been on the stand for 7
months, and it rolls around and rotates just fine. If you get really
desperate, I could send a picture.