Now it can be told...

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Now it can be told...
From: bugeye59@kingsnet.com
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 17:23:25 -0700
Just to let you all know, the TR3 that was posted here for $500 the
other day by Lewis McKillop is now resting comfortably in my garage.
Fortunately for me, Lewis lives around the corner and was able to give
me the info on the car and the guy's phone number before anyone else got
to it.  (Sorry, guys--but I have wanted a TR3 for a long time!)
Anyway, it is a '60 TR3A.  The guy that I bought it from took it as
payment for a paint job he did a few years ago for a guy whose brother
owned the car.  This poor chap tore the car down in hopes of restoring
it somewhere around 1970, but was shipped by the Navy from his home of
Maryland to Moffet Field, California to serve in the Viet Nam conflict.
He never returned.  The car stayed with the brother up until a few years
ago when it was traded for the paint job, and stored outside in a corn
field until today.
Thanks to our very dry Central California climate, the car is
surprisingly in good shape.  The floors are sound except for 2 small
holes and the inner and outer rockers are solid.  The odometer reads 54K
miles.  The entire car is there, right down to the hubcaps! It took me 2
trips with my Nissan pickup to haul all the body panels, engine, head,
trans, seats, windshield, and all the aother parts that were unbolted
from the car home, and a tow truck with a dolly set-up to bring the
rest.
Now for some help...
1)  The car is painted powder blue and has a red interior.  But under
the blue appears to be white.  Is there a paint code somewhere on the
car so I can determine the original color?
2)  What info can be determined by the commission number? (See bottom)
Anyway, just wanted to share my story with you all.  I have a long road
ahead of me, but I look forward to it.  Many thanks to Lewis for making
this dream come true!
By the way, I paid $200 for the car!
--
Harris