Re: New pistons for my 60' TR3A

To: RBuckner@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New pistons for my 60' TR3A
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 18:54:24 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-04 15:36:08 EDT, RBuckner@aol.com writes:

<< I am replacing the pistons for my 60' TR3A due to an exhaust valve seat
 problem.

 I have removed the pistons and cleaned up the cylinders.  Now I need to get
 the new pistons ordered and installed.  I know i need 83mm pistoms, but I
 don't know how much oversized, if at all, I need.

 Where is the best place to get them?  Moss, The Roadster Factory or where?

 Could use any help on this matter.

Up until very recently at least,  83 mm pistons and or liners have not been
available new.  I don't know of anyone selling them right now, but you named
the best places to look.  You can remove your existing liners, take them to
that machine shop you found for your head and have them bored out to 87 mm
for which size new pistons are available.  Get the new pistons first though.

Bob Paul