Main cap help....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Main cap help....
From: highwaystar@juno.com (Highway star)
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 18:27:40 EDT
Hi folks-

Main cap on my TR250 is about to be machined.  One side is scored and has
a half moon shape (about the same size of the thrust washer) score.
Mechanic who took it out forgot which side faces the transmission or the
block.

Is it reasonable with a very high level of confidence that the side
that's scored is the side where the thrust washers used to sit and faces
the transmission?

My crank was damaged too, so I'm wondering if this helps to determine
anything.

Please contact me privately...thanks so much.

Thanks very much-
Pouya