Re: Shell removal

To: pbitton@axess.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shell removal
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 15:17:27 -0700
Been there, done that...actually it is more like "Are there, still doing
it"!  Before removing my TR6 shell, I welded a piece of 1 inch square steel
tubing between the A and B posts.  I attached it over the area for the soft
top frame on the B post and just under the dash on the A post.

I just put my body back on the frame and everything aligned perfectly, so
the steel tubing must have done its job.  You could use angle iron as well
but do not use flat steel as it will flex easily.

Good luck.  I would opt for the MIG welder and do it yourself.  More fun
and you add a neat tool to your collection!

Dave
San Diego
1970 TR6 RHD PI CP51649