Re: TR6 Turn Indicator Signals

To: Trevor Jordan <trevor.jordan@rmit.edu.au>
Subject: Re: TR6 Turn Indicator Signals
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 08:13:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Trevor Jordan wrote:

> Does anyone else have problems with the turn indicator signals on the TR6.
> The little green light on the speedo is hard to see with the top down in
> sunshine and the audible signal is barely audible except when stationary
> with the engine idling.
>
> I have found myself driving for long distances straight down highways with
> a turn signal operating.  By my calculation, I should not be doing this for
> another thirty years.
>
> Any solutions?  Is a louder signal available or should I drill some holes
> in the dash and install some large indicators lights?
>
> Trevor Jordan
> 74 TR6 CF29281U

There are companies that make louder turn signal indicators for just
this purpose, but I don't have any names for you.

There's also another way, that I was actually thinking of making into a
product.

If you take a small piezzoelectric speaker (not the buzzers) and connect
it to the turn signal flasher output through a 100uf 16 volt
electrolytic capacitor, every time the flasher changes state you'll get
a loud "click". You can mount the piezzo unit wherever you like. You
might be able to do this with a small audio speaker as well.

--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L