TR4 Heater blower

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Heater blower
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:18:05 -0700 (PDT)
My heater's sick...

Due to lack of use & maintenance, the blower motor in my heater's got dry
bearings.  Now it can easily be mistaken for the horn when operating.

Is there any way to get at the bearings to lube them?  Can I replace them
will ball/needle bearings?  The Haynes book says I gotta replace the
whole thing (which would be nice, I could get a uprated one)- but that
ol' cash flow quandary kicks in :-(

I'm not going to drive for the next few months so I don't mind if it's a
hellishly tedious job :-O

Thanks in advance...

-Malcolm

BTW a friend of mine at the college is pondering a Spitfire, is there any
web article I can grab that has a buyer's guide?

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.