GT6 Heads...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 Heads...
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:27:30 EST

I may have located a GT6 so rusty it just can't be resurrected for my
Spit 6 project. I'ts nominally a '67... but I've learned that doan
mean much... could be KC1-KC10000+. I've asked the owner for the
Comm. number....

1. I know there's a major crank change at KC5001. Are bearings/cranks
available for the earlier engine? Vitesse perhaps? Parts in general?

2. What's the heads "swapability" factor? I know you can't put a TR6
head on an "exposed pushrod tube" engine... what else should I know?
Is it worth finding a MKII head and will it fit? Will the larger
valves of the MKII fit in the MKI head? What about ports/manifolding?
I know I have to use the correct pistons...flat for MKI-- dome for
MKII. Could one of you "sports 6" types walk me through the
changes/advantages/disadvantages things to know/pitfalls to avoid for
these engines...

I know similar threads have been about...feel free to
simply fwd any relevant threads...

Thanks so much in advance...

"Still ride in triumph over all mischance..." - Shakespeare

Chris Lillja
TR4A
Norton Commando
Spit MKIV