Stopping oil pan leak

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stopping oil pan leak
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 23:26:39 -0700
While I've got my pan nice and clean sitting on my bench....I thought about
how to lesson the chance of warping near the bolt holes when tightening
this sucka down. Let's face it.....we're all guilty on this one. Here was
my major brainstorm.......why not use washers to spread the load a bit? I'm
going to try it on mine when my gasket drys overnight.....thanks Tony and
Henry.:-)

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
Rap = Disco for the 90's