FW: worlds longest running unfinished TR6 restoration

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: worlds longest running unfinished TR6 restoration
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 16:25:13 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[slevine@toucan.com (Sandy Levine)]]

     Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:23:01 -0500
     From: slevine@toucan.com (Sandy Levine)

Dear Jack Mc
I saw your signature line

   >73 TR6 CF870U - worlds longest running unfinished TR6 restoration

and I think I have to disagree with you as I am sure that I hold the record.

I bourght my TR6 in July of 1970. The night before I was to pick up the car
from the dealer (in Long Island) someone broke into his yard and stole my
wire wheels & tires and broke the passenger door lock. The dealer replaced
the damaged items but the door lock was keyed differently from the driver
side. My resoration started two weeks later when I gave up of any chance of
the dealer replacing the locks with a single key set and I began my search
for PARTS. While the parts requirements change from day to day the search
never ends.

Living in the Bronx, the car was parked out on the street. When the car was
three weeks old I found a beer can opener sticking out of the soft top.
Obviously a group of kids were sitting on the fenders of the parked cars
and they stored their can opener in a convient spot - and forgot to take it
when they left. Again back into resoration mode.

So you can hold the title of "worlds longest running unfinished TR6
restoration" if you have been at it more that 26 years and 6 months. Now
you may regain the title because with a lot of luck my frame off
restoration will be completed by the end of the summer. Of course I said
that in 93, 94, 95, 96,  . . . . .

Sandy Levine                              813-962-0100 (v)
slevine@toucan.com                     813-962-2330 (f)