Re: Wheel trim rings

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Wheel trim rings
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:08:26 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: gbowley@snet.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Glenn Bowley wrote:

> >>I have a '75 Spitfire 1500, and was wondering if these cars came with
> chrome trim rings...

Martin Secrest replied:

> Except for a very short time during their production (sorry, but I do not
>remember
> exactly when),  Spitfires were not shipped with trim rings.  A lot of people
>put
> them on, though, because they look pretty dang good.  Pep Boys, has the best
> price on these that I have seen, at $10 bucks each for the 13-inchers.

Regarding U.S.-spec. cars, I think the trim rings were usually installed
by the dealers and were undoubtedly sourced in the U.S. Some Spitfire
sales brochures do show pictures of the trims, and it was probably a great
way to a: dress up the car b: dress up the profits!

--Andy