The TR4-SU/HS6-air-filter-question

To: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The TR4-SU/HS6-air-filter-question
From: Steinbeck Michael <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:43:13 +0200
Cc: "'ekieboom@xs4all.nl'" <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at infwgw01.infwgw01.sinfo.start.de
Hi everybody,

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> ... In that case, your problem may be similar to what I experienced on
>installing K&N's and a free-flow exhaust: lean running. My car didn't want
>to rev over 4000 rpm if it was under any sort of load.
>The 'problem' is, K&N filters admit a lot more air to the carbs compared to
>the orginal system, upsetting the mixture....

My TR4 has the same symptoms. It pulls through to about 4100 rpm and
then it is quickly changing between acceleration and deceleration
maintaining the 4100 rpm. My first thought was that the carbs aren't
getting enough fuel, but now I'm thinking again if maybe the carbs
should be adjusted.
Is there any advice out there how to proceed?
Is the adjustment of the carbs difficult?
What "special" tools are needed?
Here is some additional information: My TR4 has K&N air filters, an
electric fuel pump and SU H6 carbs.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
1962 TR4, CT 17613 LO