Spitfire Lower Radiator Shroud

Subject: Spitfire Lower Radiator Shroud
From: "Atwell Haines" <Carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 97 23:42:37 PDT
Hello All,

My '79 Spit came with a fiberboard shield that attached to the bottom of the
front spoiler and to the frame just below the radiator.  Needless to say, after
12 years of use (and 6 years sitting in the dirt being dis-used), it's pretty
well shot.

So is it really necessary?   I've seen several threads about hot-running Spits
where The Wise Ones say to have all "valences" installed.  This thing, if in
place, would seem to limit cooling air to that small amount  which would flow
thru the front bumper (and that 25LB reinforcement that US Spec cars have).

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire FM96062
'88 Lotus Esprit
'88 Mustang 5.0