Re: Larger Spitfire Radiator

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>, "'Brian and Linda Neuschwander'" <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Larger Spitfire Radiator
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 07:44:53 -0400 "Larger Spitfire Radiator" (Jun 19, 8:03pm)
> Subject: Larger Spitfire Radiator
>
> [ text/plain
>   Encoded with "quoted-printable" ] :
Brian and Listers,

>       Does anyone know of a source for the larger size radiator for the Spit
?  (Like Lenny's, Brian)  This would be the standard hose alignment for the
1296 motor but the core goes all the way across between the deflectors, not
stopping @ 4" shy, with the metal mounting brackets from there.  Would this
possibly be out of a GT6 or TR6 ?  Any recommendations for sources here in the
SF bay area ? CA ? USA ?

> Thanks in advance
>
> Chris Prugh
> 72 Spitfar (preppin' for a long HOT summer)
> Morgan Hill, CA
>-- End of excerpt from Chris Prugh

Chris,

I bought a larger rad from the later Spits, '75 or '76 - '78, I think.
You can check with Ted Schumacher at TSI in Ohio, he should be able to
tell you the correct years. He posts on this list occasionally. His
address is: tedtsimx@mail.bright.net

The early cars had wider rads as well, but I don't think they were as
thick.

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net