Re: BRG paint

To: "Triumph Owners" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BRG paint
From: Allen Hess <allen.hess@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 97 07:22:14 -0500
Paint codes and chips on the web aren't worth much in my opinion. Last
fall when I was getting ready to paint, I took the top dash pad off and
of course found brand new original paint. There was also original paint
inside the fenders and wheel wells which surprisingly was not discolored
by the undercoating.

The "correct" touch up paint from Moss was not even close. The "correct"
color from DuPont was really Conifer Green (4A not 4). The "correct"
Sikkens color ST25 (Standard Triumph) was very close but not a match.
Using the sample inside the fender, the "kid" at the paint shop mixed it
by eye and it is a match!

Allen Hess TR4 CT13678L