Re: TR6 Steering rack mountings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Steering rack mountings
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 03:50:58 EDT
I've had excellent results using urethane rack mount bushings.I use two
small wooden blocks, one against the mount and the other against the
flange on the rack, pressed together by  a C-clamp to get the mounts as
close to the flange as possible. Never had any trouble getting the plate
under the frame crossmember to fit "in" to make contact with the frame.
Good luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO