Re: Thrust Washer Article

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thrust Washer Article
From: highwaystar@juno.com (Captain Page)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:06:47 EDT
Thanks for the Thrust Washer article.  I can't begin to tell you folks
what an experience this has been for *me*.  When I have to pay someone to
fix this huge problem.  But nevertheless, with your help...folks on this
list...the process is coming along and couldn't do it with out you.
Thanks.

Just a damage update for those who maybe interested to know what's
happened and happens if you don't check/replace those freakin' thrust
washers:

Main cap has been removed and has a 1/64 to 1/32 wear, Herman Van Akker
in LA says it should be no problem.  The crank has been removed and the
base of the crank has wear and been discolored (blue) and will be
re-machined.  The block has a scratch and according to machinist it's no
problem. We'll see!

Machinist is making a list of parts I need for rebuild while crank is
being "helped".

Thanks-
Pouya