Re: Dash and speedo help please

To: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Dash and speedo help please
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:17:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:

> Hello again.
> I don't yet have a manual, but am trying to remove my beat up wood dash
> to replace it, and also remove the speedometer to replace it.  I removed
> the screws from the front of the dash last night, but couldn't remove
> it.  Are there other attachments, perhaps underneath?  Any advice on
> this task, and the replacement of the speedo would be appreciated.
> I promise, I'll have the Bentley manual soon !
> Sirmoog
> '71 TR6

Mark:

You will need to remove all gauges, etc. from the dash. When you reach
up
under the dash, there are metal "spoons" which hold the gauges to the
dash.
These need unscrewed. Warning! Be sure to put an old towel or something
on the
floor under your oil presure gauge just to be safe. The gauge works from
direct line to the engine and if the hose comes off, you guessed it, you
will
have oil all over your carpet, etc...

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA