Re: Ignition Wiring

To: DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition Wiring
From: WEZA65A@prodigy.com (MR MICHAEL D FATSI)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:20:36, -0500
Dan:

Thanks for replying to my query. My TR-6 is a 1974 model with he
ignition key switch directly under the steering wheel shaft. The
switch is going, symptom: switch gets stuck in starter engage
position and one needs to manually turn back the key to disengage
starter. I suspect the return spring is worn, that was the problem
with the last switch I replaced 4 years ago. By the way the switch
was purchased from TRF. My specific question is can I simply pull
starter wire off back of switch and connect wth push button or is it
more complex.
Thanks,
-MF