FW: TR6 back on the road

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: TR6 back on the road
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:57:05 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["William L.
Wynn" <wynnx@ibm.net>]]

     Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 22:38:09 -0700
     From: "William L. Wynn" <wynnx@ibm.net>
     Subject: TR6 back on the road

I know there is someone out there that keeps track of these kind of
things, so I thought I would put down some info on my "NEW" 1970 TR6.  I
have had it on the road now for about 6 weeks.  The previous ownerhad
the car for about 10 years and slowly worked on the car until about 4
years ago.
I bought the car and have finished the renovation (is that possible?)
except for some detail work.  I need to pull the carbs apart one more
time.  The car set for 4 years with gas in the tank.
Details:
        1970 TR6 CC55589E
        English racing green (or close to it)
        Light tan interior
        Black top and boot cover
        205x65 R155 tires (replaced 4 brand new dry rotted red lines)

It looks great and runs great execpt for some stumble when at idle
(carbs).  As a final note, back in the '50s & '60s, I owned just about
everytning BMC made, so having a Triumph  is something like a FORD man
buying a CHEVY and loving the CHEVY.