Re: TR-6 Frame Needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Frame Needed
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:57:20 -0400
Hello Patrick, you wrote :

 >Hi I am looking for a TR-6 frame. I am restoring my car sooner then I
 >thought. It didn't pass the gouvernment inspection and I noticed the frame
 >had 2 welded sections. I plan to restore it on a good foundation and
 >therefore need one.
 >If you have on or know of someone that has one. Please let me know.
 >
 >Thank you,
 >Patrick Bitton
 >Almost a 1971 TR-6
 >CC 52138 0

Since you did not say whether or not you had already looked in Hemmings
Motor News, or asked any of the usual vendors, I'll have to ask -

Have you ?  There are many ads for frame repair, metal patch pieces to
do the repair yourself or at your own mechanics', exchange options, etc..

Fellow listers, if you ask a question here on the list, I assume that
you have already checked your options first, in Hemmings, or in the
catalogs from at least one or two of the `big three' vendors.

If you have already done so, and wish to give fellow listers a shot at
selling something you need, fine, but I would greatly appreciate a
note to that effect in your post.  Otherwise, I don't know if you are
`starting from scratch', and using this list as a first resort, or if
you have already gone the usual route, and need help here, as a last
resort !  For the sake of efficiency, to obviate the need for multiple
back-and-forth messages on an already busy list, a few words telling
what you know so far would be very helpful.

Stepping off soap box now, more 2-cent opinions upon request -
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio
'72 TRident 750cc  basket case