TR8 Tranny Lube

To: TRI-List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR8 Tranny Lube
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:30:08 -0500
Cc: Larry Dickstein <bugide@juno.com>
Could someone volunteer some advice on TR8 tranny lube? I have heard
varying responses on what kind and how much to put in.

The last I heard, it was ATF, even though the manual stated hypoid 75.
Also, I am hearing that one should actually put in three quarts, instead
of the recommended two quarts, to aid the  pump that moves the stuff
around.  The theory is that if the pump goes bad, the splash lubrication
will work.

TIA
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)