more darting under brakes, and heel&toeing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: more darting under brakes, and heel&toeing
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 06:13:38 +0100
Thanks for the responses on this problem.  I should add that it pulls from
the moment you apply the brake to the moment you lift off.  Not just
initially.  But,I don't feel it every time I brake.  Just every now and
then.  I need to check the tire pressures... if the left side were low, it
would cause more drag, would it not?  It is very, very noticeable.  I'll
experiment some more.  The hoses I'm using at the front are the steel
braided variety, so swelling and collapsing are not options, I don't
believe.

While on the subject of braking, and referring to the recent discussions of
double-clutching, I thought I'd point out a little trick I did to make
"heel & toeing" a little (or a LOT) easier on your right foot.  In short,
my car has two clutch pedals.  One just operates the brake.  It moves the
pedal over toward the throttle at LEAST an inch, and the clevis still hooks
right up.  I end up using the ball of my foot for the brake and then
rotating and swiveling my ankle somehow so that the outside of my foot can
depress the throttle.  Makes double-clutching under braking a lot easier
when you can blip the throttle without lifting from the brake!

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6