Re: ignition lights part 2

To: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>
Subject: Re: ignition lights part 2
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:32:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
robert ylitalo wrote:

> Alternator(Positive earth/DC)
>
> As told by members on the list. i disconnected all wires to the
> alternator(DC/positive earth) and took the (-) directly from the battery
> to the biggest connection on the alternator.
>
> After this shock start the magnetic fields shold have been recharged or?
>
> The result was the same when the engine is on idle the voltmeter shows
> 12.2 volts and the ignition light glow.
>
> Did i go about this the wrong way?

Robert,

I'm confused. '65 Spits had generators. Have you upgraded to an
alternator??

If you followed the above advice for an alternator, you may have
fried the regulator. This is even more so if the engine was running when
you did the "flash" over.

Have you got an alternator or generator?

Charlie B.
Spitfire Pilot